Hey! I’m back to talk about my oh so amazing iced coffee I make at home. If you guys don’t know I’m a coffee addict, as a mom, coffee is definitely a must to get me going throughout the day. I don’t know about you but I can be super particular with my coffee. I don’t do black coffee,it has to be iced, it needs. To be sweet.. the list goes on. Over the years I have tried different ways to make the perfect iced coffee at home and I couldn’t find the right combo that I feel in love with.. until now! I’m super excited to share my at home iced coffee and guess what?! I love it wayyy more than Starbucks! I was going to Starbucks literally everyday sometimes twice a day and spending too much money on overpriced coffee. Don’t get me wrong I still love Starbucks however this mama is on a budget and if I can save money on delicious coffee that’s a huge plus for me. The most amazing part about this iced coffee is that it’s more than half the price of Starbucks! That’s right you get so much more bang for your buck! So my oh so delicious iced coffee combo is super quick and easy and hands down the best iced coffee I’ve ever had. Also, I do want to mention that I’ve been using the Hydro flask, it’s the coffee cup and omg the best purchases I’ve ever made. If you guys don’t know the Hydro flask hype is so real! They are pricey by totally worth it. Why is it worth it? The hydro flask will keep your cold drinks cold for 24 hours, that includes ice! That’s right it’s super insualated that you will have ice in your cup 24 hours later! Isn’t that just life changing? Well it is for me at least. Anyway back to the iced coffee. So I don’t actually brew my iced coffee however I do get the Starbucks iced coffee in medium roast, you can find it at any grocery store and it’s around $4-$5 for a jug which I get about 5 servings from it. Next I use half and half, I’ve tried all different kinds of milk and I find this to be the best tasting, I like heavy whipping cream however I like the half and half better as it’s not as heavy. Lastly, I add 3 pumps of my favorite syrup seriously this syrup has changed my whole life and made my coffee game on point! I use the Torani French vanilla syrup. You guys, it’s so amazing! I love that it’s not too sweet yet sweet enough but it just tastes so creamy, it’s my favorite syrup at the moment. I add ice and literally that’s it, super quick and easy. Now I highly recommend trying my recipe if you will or you can substitute for your favorite syrup although I really think you should try the French vanilla syrup because it’s just too good! So let’s do the math. I buy the Starbucks iced coffee for about $5 which I get about 5 uses, then the half and half is around $3 and lastly the Torani syrup I get at World Market is about $7 I can get about 30 uses out of this syrup. The grand total per drink is about $1.60, compare that to $5 per drink at Starbucks,that’s a huge savings! I always crave this iced coffee as I can never get enough and for the price it’s such a steal! Let me know your favorite iced coffee recipes as I love trying new coffee. Thank you so much for reading, bye!
Hi my loves! Today on the blog, I want to talk about the Sephora VIB sale. Some may have already heard about this sale but if you don’t know, Sephora only has a sale twice a year, this sale in April and again in the fall time. Now this sale is only for those signed up for their beauty insiders rewards program. It’s free to sign up and you get perks such as being invited to these sales as well as free classes and makeovers. You can gain points overtime you shop at Sephora which you can redeem for deluxe samples. If you are signed up for their rewards then you can get 15% off your purchase if you are a VIB Rouge of VIB and 10% for beauty insiders.
It may not seem like a crazy good discount but hey, I’ll take any savings I can get. This sale starts TODAY!!! Yes! Today! Its going on now, Friday 4/20 until Monday 4/23. If your’e planning on going to Sephora or want to treat yo self then I highly recommend taking advantage of this sale to save some money!
I wanted to share my favorite products that I would recommend picking up as well as a few products I’m dying to try, let’s get on to the products:
- Beauty Blender Pro $20– This is my absolute favorite way to apply my foundation! It makes my foundation and concealer go on flawless, it’s also amazing to use for powder to set your concealer and face with. It’s an all around great tool for applying makeup and so very worth it!
- Belif Moisture Bomb $38- This is my go to all time favorite moisturizer! It’s so creamy and very hydrating for the face, it’s amazing to use day or night and just makes your skin feel so plump and hydrated. You can even use under makeup too!
- Sunday Riley UFO Oil $40 (0.5 oz) $80 (1.18 oz)– This product is pricey but with every penny! If you have acne or redness, even texture on the skin this oil helps clear up problematic skin. It has salicylic acid in it so it helps clear congested skin and pores as well as hydrates and create smooth skin. You can also use this under makeup to create blemish fighting makeup.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Bronzer $28– This a new product for ABH but it’s such a good bronzer, I use the shade Saddle and it’s a rich warm bronzer that is so beautiful on the skin. It’s very pigmented so you don’t need much of this product but it makes me look like a bronzed goddess. It’s a creamy powder that won’t go on patchy or streaky, it just glides on so smooth, I’ve been loving this bronzer.
- ABH X Amrezy Highlighter $28- This highlight is so bomb! When I first saw this I knew I had to have this. It’s a great price and you get such a huge pan but the formula is so good and like no other. It’s like a gel like powder that glides on the skin, and it does not have any kick back at all. This highlight won’t emphasize texture all. Can we talk about that beautiful gold shade though?!?! It’s such a gorgeous highlight, greta for so many skin tones and you can build the intensity.
- Huda Beauty Faux Filter Foundation $40– This foundation is a filter in a bottle! This foundation is very full coverage, which I love me a good full coverage foundation! I love this for special events or when you want that full coverage glam. This foundation is great for oily combo skin, it can work for dry skin however it is a matte foundation so you do have to prep the skin very very well. It has great coverage, it lasts all day and a little goes along way.
- Nars Radiant Longer Foundation $49– The name says it all, this foundation is full coverage, long wearing while still giving a radiant glow. I love the coverage of this foundation and it gives a healthy glow, it’s not dewy which I like, it doesn’t make you look oily but makes your skin look healthy. It lasts all day and just makes your skin look so flawless. If you’re looking to splurge I highly recommend.
- Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb $18- This lipgloss is my absolute favorite! I’m a matte liquid lip kind of girl but this changed the game for me, its a nude rose shade, perfect for all skin tones, its not sticky whatsoever, its just gorgeous! perfect for minimal makeup days, no makeup days, for full glam, it’s bomb!
- Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter$34- Such a beautiful highlight! I love the shade Mean Money/ Hu$tla Baby. It comes with a very subtle highlight and a beaming highlight. It’s a beautiful light gold shade, I mostly use the beaming highlight, it glides on smooth for a gorgeous intense glow. If you want to glow to the gods, or blind someone from outer space then try this out!
Now there are a few products that I want to try out that are new to me, that I want to suggest trying out as well:
- Ole Henriksen C-Rush Brightening Gel Cream $44– Its claims to be a hydrating gel cream that has a slight yellow tint to help brighten your face. They also have a Banana bright eye cream which is the same concept but to brighten the underlies which I really want to try as well!
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Tinted Moisturizer $28– Now that the weather is a little warmer, I want to try this out for light makeup days, as a mom, sometime Is want to look put together without going full glam plus, I don’t have a lot of time to do my makeup. I love easy natural makeup days and I think this would be great to look put together.
- Artist Couture X Jackie Aina Diamond Glow Powder $28– I really want to try the Shade LA Peach, it’s a gorgeous peachy gold shade that looks so nice! They also, have LA Bronze which is a deeper shade for deep skin tones which is awesome! I’ve been ride or die for Artist Couture, I have 8 of their diamond glow powders so you know I love them! They give a beautiful glow, you can also build the intensity for the ultimate glow. It’s a loose powder so you can use on the face, eyes, body pretty much wherever you want to glow. I tried this highlight from the pre launch of Mac Daddy’s company and I’ve been in love ever since. I think it’s amazing that Sephora is now carrying his brand, he’s an amazing makeup artist and influencer. Check at Mac Daddy, he’s bomb!
Those are my top recommendations to you guys, I would definitely take advantage of this sale this weekend. Let me know what you got during the sale and if you picked up any of my recommendations. Thank you so much for reading, talk to you soon!
Hi my loves!
I’m back with a new post to talk about my absolute favorites makeup products that I was lurving this past year. I’ll be sharing my top drugstore and high end products that I’ve been obsessed with, just wanted to point out that these products either released in 2017 or products that I discovered in 2017. This past year for me has been all about discovering new products and makeup to achieve flawless smooth skin, most of these products are now holy grail status.
Let’s get in to the products shall we?!
- Foundation- Hourglass Vanish stick and Maybelline Super Stay
Both of these foundations have been my go to achieve full coverage flawless skin. Both of these foundations are oh so good to me, they both cover all of my redness and imperfections while lasting all day and leaving my skin so flawless without looking cakey, literally all I look for in a good foundation.
- Concealer- Tarte Shape Tape and Maybelline Fit me
I know Tarte shape tape is everyone’s favorite but seriously it’s for good reason, this is by far the best concealer I’ve ever tried. It’s full coverage and just magic in a tube, it’s so hard to explain unless you’ve tried it, then you know what I’m talking about, it’s just sooo good, I can’t get enough ever! I also love the fit me concealer especially on my natural makeup days it has good coverage and doesn’t leave your under eyes looking cakey, it’s my fav from the drugstore.
- Powder-RCMA No Color Powder
This powder is a dry skin girl’s dream!!! As you know I have dry skin and most powders are very matte and tend to make me look even more dry and cakey, which is what we don’t like. This powder is great for any skin type however, for dry skin it’s amazing! It’s finely milled so it’d doesn’t make you look cakey or emphasize dry patches, I can actually bake with this and it looks so good while making my concealer last all day. Typically baking is a no no for me as it makes my under eyes look so dry but this powder is just magic. Yes, it is a white powder but it goes on completely translucent hence no color powder. This is such a great powder for any skin type and skin tone and affordable too!
- Bronzer- MAC Studio Sculpt
This is my go to bronzer, I love trying new products but when it comes to bronzer this is pretty much the only product I use. Why do I love it so much? Well like I usually say I have dry skin and this powder has a gel formula that just glides on and melts into the skin like butter. When you apply this product it doesn’t even look like a powder on the skin and it looks so natural. I use the shade Delphic, it’s a warm shade that makes you look like a bronzed goddess which I’m all for that! It’s such a great bronzer and I absolutely love it!
- Highlight-Maybelline Master Chrome in Molten Gold
OMG!!!! This is probably the best drugstore highlighter ever, I must say even better than some high end highlighters. UGGGHH! It’s just soooo good! This past year I’ve really been loving a gold highlight, when Maybelline released this highlight I thought ehh why not? Oh boy I’m so glad I tried this product out because it’s amazing! Not only is it affordable but it’s so pigmented, it gives you a blinding glow, and is such a beautiful gold shade. I will say Maybelline has been coming out with straight fire this past year. They’ve been killing the game! Especially in the summer, this product gives you that rich, beaming gold glow that blinds the haters. Yeah,I said it! It’s been my go to this past year and one of my favorite products.
- Eyeshadow- Dose Of Colors Baked Browns Palette
At first, I wasn’t intrigued by this palette, yeah its pretty but I’m a warm neutral shadow lover and I have so many warm tone eyeshadows that I thought, do I really need this palette? The answer was yes, yes you do. I saw this at Ulta and something in me was telling me to get it, I’m so glad I did. I’ve been loving simple eye makeup and this has the perfect warm shades that I need for an everyday natural look but I can also, do a night time look with this palette as well. It’s also great for traveling, it has all the basic colors you need to create a look. The shadows are so soft and pigmented, and just blend like a dream, literally they blend so effortlessly, I cannot get enough of this palette.
- Lips- Kylie Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Candy K and Fenty Beauty Lipgloss in Fenty Glow
I will say I was not about the Kylie cosmetics hype, it took me a long time to finally try her products and only because they had a huge sale at the time. I feel like most of these products I was not about them at first lol. Anyway, there was a sale so I bought Candy k, when I tried this liquid lipstick on I was so impressed! Fist off, I love liquid lipsticks because as a mom on the go, I don’t have time to keep reapplying my lipstick and I don’t want to have to worry about my lipstick smudging while eating and drinking. Omg! it’s not only a beautiful color, that is perfect for everyday or any look but it was completely transfer proof. I can wear this all day long and it looks like I just applied the lipstick, even through eating and drinking all day. This lipstick is always in my purse, it can be a tad drying but that’s expected from a liquid lipstick, it’s sooo good. I gave into the hype and tried out a few products from Fenty Beauty and the lipgloss was one of the products that I love so much! I’m not normally a lipgloss girl but this is on another level. It’s a universal rose shade with shimmer but you can’t even feel the shimmer on your lips and it just makes your lips look plump and juicy, and it’s such a gorgeous shade. I love that it’s not sticky at all and just glides on the lips so smooth, I love this gloss for simple makeup looks, it’s gorgeous!
- Brows-Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
This past year I tried out so many brow products but thew one that stood out was the brow wiz. I love how thin it is so I can be precise with my brows, it makes my brows look so full yet so natural. I love that the formula isn’t too waxy and it’s so easy to use, the shades work so well with the color of my brows I use the shades chocolate and warm brown and both work great! I seem to always go back to this product.
- Mascara- Maybelline Colassol Big Shot
This is my favorite mascara by far and let me tell you, I’ve tried all kinds of mascaras. I love that it’s so affordable, it gives me long and voluminous lashes which I love. What I really love is that this product lasts and it doesn’t dry out super quick so you definitely get your money’s worth. Overall it’s a really great mascara and it’s from the drugstore.
- Setting Spray- Urban Decay Chill setting spray
This has been the only setting spray I’ve used all year and for good reason. It makes my makeup last all day and look fresh all day, and when you spray it on your face, not only does it disperse a fine mist but it gives your face a cooling sensation which I love. This setting spray is great for dry skin as it doesn’t make your face feel tight or dry, it’s really perfect for dry skin.
These are all of my favorite products I’ve been loving so much this past year, even though I’m always trying out new products these were my stand out products that I cannot live without. Just want to put it out there that none of these products were sent to me, and I did buy them using my own money, I actually don’t get any products sent to me. I’m just a beauty lover who loves trying new products. Thank you so much for reading my post, I really appreciate it, and this year I’ll be really focusing more on my blog and posting more often. Talk to you soon!
So as you all know we are currently in flu season, this is the time a lot of people are getting sick, but this season has been really bad. There has been many deaths due to the flu, which can be so scary especially for all the moms out there,I’m with you there. As a mom, I’m doing all that I can to not only keep myself healthy but most importantly to keep my daughter healthy. I can’t even imagine how babies or young children can get really sick and they don’t have the strongest immune systems. So, I want to share with you my tips to keep myself and my daughter healthy this flu season.
Let’s start with baby.
1.Feed baby the healthiest of foods
What I mean by this is that in our household, we currently have changed our eating habits and are eating a lot cleaner foods and eliminating and limiting processed foods, that includes what my daughter eats as well. She eats a lot of fruits, and ground chicken or ground turkey with veggies, she rarely eats junk food like hardly ever and she only drinks milk and water. This way she’s getting all the nutrients she needs to keep her body strong and to help fight off sickness.
This has been huge to keep Mila healthy and preventing her from getting sick. I’ve been giving her probiotics daily which has helped so much. I give her Mommy’s Bliss Probiotic packets, I put it in her sippy cup with milk and it doesn’t have a taste so she will never know. She also like the Lifeway Probugs Organic bites, they are dried kefir yogurt bites , it’s another great option to give your baby probiotics and Mila loves them so much. Probiotics are a must have to keep baby healthy this season.
3. Hand Sanitizer
Some moms may use lots of hand sanitizer no matter the season however I’ve been really on top of it to make sure we don’t get sick, I’m always using sanitizer when I’m at work, I even have sanitizer in my purse, car and diaper bag to make sure we are never without it.
4.Limit outside time
By outside time I mean try staying home more. I typically take Milk out all the time, running errands and going to the mall to get out of the house. As of late, I’ve been doing all I can to keep her in the house as much as I can. I do have a full time job so I do take her to daycare but other than that she is home a lot. I know it can be so tough especially if you have a high energy toddler that needs to get out trust me I get it. By staying home more, you have less exposure to germs and all the sickness going around, and you won’t have to worry about your toddler touching something others have been touching or putting something in her mouth.
Now for Moms. (You don’t have to be a mom to use these tips)
1.Stay Healthy and Eat Clean
Try eliminating process foods and eat lots of fruits, veggies, and lean meats. Also, eliminate or limit junk food intake. I know it’s so tempting but it will do your body wonders and keep you healthy.
2.Drink Green Juice or Smoothies
Green juices are a great way to get your daily intake of greens, you need all the nutrients you can get to keep your immune system and body strong.You can mix it up by adding different fruits and veggies to your juice and smoothie to get so many great benefits to keep you healthy.
It may not be the tastiest thing ever but it sure is effective at getting rid of bacteria and keep your immune system strong to fight off viruses, even if you are currently sick, try eating or drinking lots of ginger and it will help it go away quicker. Already this month I’ve fought off sickness twice and I have ginger to thank for that. I’ve tried drinking ginger shots or adding lots of ginger to my green juices and it does get pretty spicy but it helps to fight off any sickness so well that it’s worth it.
4.Drink lots of water
Water is the answer for almost anything. Water will not only keep you hydrated but it helps to keep you healthy and to keep your body running as it should to help fight off bacteria. Plus, water helps flush out any bacteria in your system to help prevent from getting sick.
5.Tea Tree Oil
I swear by Tea Tree oil as it’s an antibacterial and when applied topically on the body it seeps into your skin quickly to help get rid of any bacteria and to help you fight off any sickness. Last month I fought off sickness 4 times, yes that’s a lot of sickness but I fought it off by putting tea tree oil on my neck, behind my ears, on my chest and the bottoms and my feet 2-3 times a day as soon as I felt like getting sick and let me tell you within a day or 2 I felt 100% better. I’m now a firm believer in essential oils and I love how natural it is for your body too. I no longer take OTC medicine as its just tons of chemicals that hide your symptoms but don’t actually get rid of sickness.
I hope these tips are helpful if you are looking for ways to prevent you and your child from getting sick this flu season. Honestly, do all that you can as this season has been pretty scary. These tips really help my daughter and myself from getting sick,I’m not a professional but these tips are what we use to prevent from getting any sickness. Let me know in the comments if you have any tips as I would love to know. Also, let me know if you try any of my tips and how they work out for you. Thank you so much for reading this post and I’ll talk to you soon!
Today I want to talk about my favorite skincare products of 2017. This past year, skincare has been really important as I’ve been really investing in my skincare and finding out what works best for me and my skin. I want to share with you my top products of the year and what I think about them. Let me know in the comments what your favorite skincare products are or any recommendations you have, I’d love to know! Let’s get into my top skincare products of 2017.
- Cleanser- Cerave Hydrating cleanser
This has been my go to cleanser, it does a great job removing all of the dirt and it gets your face nice and clean without drying out your skin. This product isn’t a super deep cleaning product as it doesn’t get makeup off of your face however this product does clean the skin gently and has helped keep my dry skin very hydrated. I used to use the Peter Thomas Roth Cloud Cream cleanser which is a great product but I find that the Cerave cleanser is a cheaper alternative for this product and Ive been loving it!
- Toner- Pixi Beauty Glow Tonic
This toner changed my life, it’s that good!!! This product is an exfoliating toner which helps get rid of dead skin cells to reveal glowing skin. With this product I don’t need to use a separate exfoliator and it leaves my face so smooth and gives my skin a natural radiance. I don’t know what I was doing before but this product is a MUST HAVE in my skincare regimen,I’ve gone through 4 bottles of this toner, that really means that I love this product so much and I highly recommend it.
- Moisturizer- Belif Moisture Bomb
I cannot live without this product! This is the best moisturizer I’ve ever tried thus far. It’s so hydrating and makes my skin so soft and supple all day and all night. My struggle was finding moisturizers that aren’t super heavy but that give me a lot of hydration and this is that product. It is definitely worth the money, it’s holy grail status, it’s amazing!
- Serum-Neutrogena Hydroboost Serum
This is a newer-ish product for me but I have fallen in love. This product is amazing at keeping your skin supple and hydrated which is actually what my skin needs. I use this day and night and paired with the Belif moisturizer, it’s the ultimate hydrating combo! And it’s affordable too!
- Makeup Remover- Farmacy Makeup Meltway Cleansing Balm
This product does an amazing job removing all of your makeup, this past year I’ve tried to find other products to remove my makeup without using harsh makeup wipes. A cleansing oil or balm is such a great way to remove your makeup without stripping or damaging your skin. It melts into an oil and gets rid of all your makeup while using natural ingredients and giving you all the skincare benefits your skin needs.
- Face Masks (Detoxifying)- Glamglow Super Mud and Origins Clear Improvement
Both of these face mask do an amazing job detoxing your skin and getting all of the junk out of skin and pores and they both get deep down into the skin and even help get rid of acne. These are both my go to masks when my face needs a deep clean or when I have breakouts that I want to clear. These makes will help keep your face clear of any breakouts or minimize existing breakouts and help clear your pores of debris. I highly recommend both of these masks.
- Face Masks(Hydrating)- Laneige Water Bank and Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask
These masks are my go to’s for keeping my face super hydrated and supple as I need all of the hydration as I can get. The Laneiege water bank is like a glass of water for your skin, it’s a gel like formula that you use overnight and wake up with supple and hydrated skin. The Origins mask is amazing if you need intense hydration, you also use this mask overnight and wakeup with super hydrated and skin as soft as a baby’s bottom, they are both so amazing for your skin and are both high end masks but more affordable high end products.
- Facial Mist- Mario Badescu Cucumber,Green Tea and Aloe Facial
This is the best facial spray ever!!! I use this product morning and night after my skin care regimen and before makeup application to help hydrate my skin and it works great to melt thew makeup into your skin. This is my favorite scent however they do have a rose and lavender spray which are both amazing as well, it’s very affordable and I love using this spray to give me an extra boost of hydration, it’s worth trying out!
That’s it for all of my Best Skincare products of 2017,I’d love to know your favorite skincare products also, let me know if you have any recommendations for new skincare products to try out. Thank you so much for reading this post, talk to you soon!
I want to talk about setting goals and achieving your goals not just for 2018 but just in general. I definitely have goals I want to achieve, this is the time to do what you want to do, whether it’s personal goals, career goals, whatever the case may be, why not achieve them? You can be anything you want to be and do anything you want to do by putting your mind to it and hard work pays off. I will admit I’m one that has goals or dreams that I want to achieve and I just day dream about my dream career and how I could change my life by doing what I want to do but I never actually try or put in work to achieve these goals, I just think what if? This year I’m making a change and I will be writing my goals down and sharing them with you, if you constantly see your goals then it motivates you more to achieve them. I’m actually a private person and don’t really share my goals and what I want to achieve in life but today that will change. Now I don’t want anyone to get confused and think these are my new year’s resolutions, no these are goals I’m setting for myself that I want to achieve this year or long term goals that I will be focusing on year round. Now, let’s talk about goals!
- To be healthier and active, focusing on me, to tone and strengthen my body and watch what I’m consuming to be healthy and strong!.
- Being consistent and posting regularly on my blog, I want to focus more on the blog, and grow my following.
- To be more positive and not let negativity get the best of me, I want to focus on being a happy and healthy mom for my daughter and hubby.
- I would love the chance to collab with one of my favorite beauty brands, this a long term goal, but I will work hard to get there.
- Start a youtube channel! This is something I’ve been wanting to do for 4 years now and I’ve never done it but this is they year!
- Be able to work from home to spend more time with my daughter and just be able to stay home with her and live a stress free life.
- Be able to give back to the community in some way, not sure how but also to make time to do so.
- Be successful in my career,I love what I do know however I do want to create my own career and be my own boss
Now, some of you may already know that I’m a mom and I have a full time job and that I’m always exhausted, but I want to do what I can to focus on myself and my family, to take care of myself so I can work hard to achieve the goals. I think sitting down and being able to have goals written down, where you can go back and read them and constantly think about them. Let’s try a vision board together, I know it sounds cliche but why not try it out? What do you have to lose? Absolutely nothing. I’ve started this process by creating this blog and putting myself out there. This blog was once just a thought of something I’ve wanted to do and something I would constantly think and talk about and here I am, creating blog posts for you, my followers who read this blog. I just want to say thank you so much to whoever reads and follows this blog, you have no idea how much it means to me as I put time, effort and passion into these posts for each and everyone of you who reads my posts. I can’t say thank you enough as this is a goal I have achieved, it just means a lot. I would love to know your goals or any ideas or suggestions you have about goal setting and achieving goals. We are in this together, let’s do this together!
Hope this inspires you somehow or gets you thinking about your goals or anything you want to accomplish. Why must we keep day dreaming about what we want, now is the time to actually go out and get what we want! Talk yo you soon!
Heyyyy my loves!
I’m back with a new post talking about NEW drugstore makeup!!!
I’m so excited to share with you my thoughts on these products, as you know I live for drugstore makeup. The drugstore has stepped their game up hardcore and are making really amazing quality products at a low price, some being even better than high end products, I know right?! Unbelievable!!! There has been so many new products releasing that I want to try them all but I do buy products that I would actually use as I do purchases all of these products with may own money. Let’s get into the makeup shall we?!
Loreal has dropped NEW Glow products, I was super excited as you all know I love a good highlight especially a good affordable highlight like yes ma’am!!! I did not try out the entire line however I picked up most products.
- Loreal True Match lump Glotion Natural Glow Enhancer- $14.99
This product comes in 4 shades( Fair,Light,Medium and Dark) I got the shade Medium. This product claims to instantly hydrate and aluminize the skin, perfect to wear under or over makeup, and gives an illuminating color tint for healthy radiant skin. I really like this Glotion!!! I have dry skin so I love illuminating products especially during this time of year, it gives you a pretty, healthy glow and doesn’t make your face look or feel greasy or oily. I feel like this is a dupe for MAC Strobe cream for half the price which is amazing!!! It comes in a squeeze tube so it does have a hint of color however when you play it to the face it just gives you a gorgeous light from with in glow. It doesn’t disrupt my foundation or concealer, what I really like about this product is that you can wear it under your makeup, on the highest points of the face to highlight or on no makeup days, it just makes your skin glow and its so gorgeous!! If you love to glow like I do then I def recommend this product!!
- Loreal True Match Lumi Glow Amour Glow Boosting Drops-$14.99
This product comes in 2 shades (Daybreak and Golden Hour) I picked up the shade Golden hour as Daybreak is more of a cool tone pink and I personally gravitate towards more golden champagne highlights. It claims to illuminate the skin to give a dewey look, can be worn on it’s own, or mixed in with your skincare or foundation to customize your glow complexion.
So I’m just going to lay it out there, I’m not a fan of this product…at all! When I saw this product I thought ooohhh maybe a dupe for the CoverFX Custom Enhancer Drops, since that product is pretty pricey. However I tried to use this product as a liquid highlight and when I applied it to my face not only did it take off my foundation underneath, I had a glittery mess on my cheekbones. This product has more glitter than shimmer, which I’m not a fan of at all. I gave it another shot and it still showed up super glittery, like chunky glitter. Unfortunately, this product is not worth the money in my opinion and will be returning.
- Loreal Infalliable Pro Glow Lock Primer- $12.99
This primer claims to prime, perfect and illuminate the face while hydrating the skin for a better makeup application. It leaves skin with a healthy, radiant glow that lasts all day.
So I’ve been trying out this product for almost 2 weeks now and OMG I love it!!!
You know I’m all about hydration during the winter season, Really?! Who amI kidding? Seriously I need hydration in my life everyday, but I love hydrating primers for my dry skin it makes my makeup go on smooth without it looking caked or dry. Most illuminating primers have a sheen to them but what I love about this primer is that it doesn’t have a sheen its a slight pink color but it illuminates by brightening the face. I do agree it is hydrating to your skin, it’s not the best primer for filling in pores however it still did the job as I didn’t use a pore filling primer over it and my makeup looked great! I definitely noticed that my foundation lasted longer and I dint have any fading, my foundation truly stayed on my face and I typically wear my makeup all day long like at least 7+ hours. I will say there aren’t really any primers that I like for the drugstore, I typically stick to my tried and true high end primers but I really love this primer and it is so worth the money!!! I do recommend this product if you have dry, normal or combo skin, I would be cautious for oily skin as I would recommend a mattifying primer. LOVE IT!
- Maybelline Total Temptation Eyebrow Definer Pencil-$7.99
This pencil comes in 4 colors (Blonde,Soft Brown,Medium Brown, and Deep Brown) I went with the shade Deep Brown. So this brow pencil totally reminded me of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer. It has the same shape and the same angle as the Anastasia brow definer, the spool is so different compared to the Anastasia. I actually fell in love with this product and is now my favorite brow product from the drugstore, maybe even my favorite overall. The color matches great, it’s not too stiff, not really waxy, more creamy but not too creamy, if this is making any sense at all but hopefully you catch my drift. What I love is that it literally takes me like 2 minutes to do my brows, and I love that you can create a soft, natural brow or a more dramatic brow. I actually really like the spool despite the weird short shape it has. It comes through my brows nicely and evenly distributes the product. I just really really love this brow product and I hope Maybelline comes out with more shades to cater to more hair colors because this brow pencil looks so bomb, your eyebrows will be on fleek girl!!!
- Maybelline Master Prime Hydrate and Smooth Primer-$9.99
This primer claims to help smooth and even out the skin tone and prolong the look and wear of makeup. It’s formulated with a water soluble base and active ingredients that refine the look and feel of skin to keep makeup in place from morning to night.
I’ve been testing out this product for about 2 weeks now as well and I’ve been loving it so far! I definitely notice it hydrating my face, it gives my face the perfect amount of hydration without it making my face look oily. It sinks into the skin quickly, it smooths over my texture. It makes my foundation last all day while making my makeup look flawless and smooth. I highly recommend this product if you are looking for an amazing drugstore primer. This primer is great for any skin types, yes even oily, just use with a magnifying primer in the T Zone and you’ll be set! I think especially for the price it is amazing! If you want your makeup to look flawless while on a budget, pick this primer up!
- Maybelline Face Studio Blender-$5.99
I feel like the drugstore lately has been coming out with great makeup sponges. It can be so tough to find a good makeup sponge that doesn’t soak up your products and gives you a flawless makeup application. This sponge is squishy yet a little bit firm, it does grow bigger in size when damp, I will say it’s not better than there Beauty Blender seriously though is there anything better than the Beauty Blender… nope! However I think it is a great sponge, it blended out my foundation and concealer nicely. I think for the price, you can’t beat it, try it out.
Just briefly want to mention the Maybelline Super Stay Full Coverage Foundation, I’ve been testing it out for a few weeks as well, first off I absolutely love it so much!! I live the matte full coverage it gives, but I will be making a dedicated post to that foundation, I’m so excited so just stay tuned for the next post, but if you’re having doubts own whether or not to try out that foundation, just do it!! It’s one of my new all time favs.
Those are my thoughts on new drugstore makeup. The drugstore just keeps coming out with new products which seems like every week so be on the look out for more posts dedicated to drugstore products,I can’t wait to review more products for you guys. I hope you enjoyed reading my post, let me know if you’ve tried any of these products and your thoughts on them. Talk to you soon!
Hey my loves! I’m finally back, it’s been waaaayyy too long! But don’t worry, I’ll be back consistently. I took some time to focus on everyday life, we all need a break sometime, since this is such a passion of mine, I want to let you all know I will be constantly posting on my blog twice a week. Right now I can’t commit to certain days but just know it will happen twice a week yayyy!! I have so many ideas and projects I would love to accomplish for all of you, let me know if there’s anything you would like to see on the blog, I’d love to incorporate some of your ideas as well.
Now on to the makeup!
Recently, Maybelline has had two makeup collaborations come out, the first being the MakeupShayla collar and the most recent Gigi Hadid collab. For those of you who may not know @MakeupShayla is a popular beauty influencer on Instagram and Youtube, she is absolutely amazing, her makeup is so bomb you must check her out like right now! I’m sure everyone knows Gigi Hadid right?! I was super excited to hear about both of these collars as drugstore brands hardly ever collaborated with makeup artists or celebs and especially having a beauty influencer collar with such a well know beauty brand is so amazing! I love that brands are now noticing the amazing influencers and makeup artists on youtube and social media I think it’s so cool!
All of the products I will be mentioning I bought with my own money and I did not buy all the products in these collections as I bought what I thought I would actually use plus this mama is on a budget, however I did want to review and give my thoughts and opinions on these products.
For the products that I purchased-
- The City Mini Palette X Shayla Eyeshadow Palette $9.99
- Gigi Hadid West Coast Glow Eyeshadow Palette $14.99
- Gigi Hadid West Coast Glow Liquid Strobe $11.99
- Gigi Hadid Gel Eyeliner in Nude $11.99
- Gigi Hadid East Coast Glam Matte Lipstick in McCall $8.99
All of these products were purchased at Ulta Beauty.
So here are my thoughts…
I really enjoyed the Maybelline X Shayla city mini palette, the shadows were pretty pigmented especially for drugstore shadows as the drugstore has a rep for having chalky eyeshadows. The shadows were smooth and buttery especially the shimmer shades were gorgeous. This palette gives me total fall vibes, the shadows were blendable however you do have to build up these shadows especially going back in to further blend. I think it is a great palette especially for the price and the color scheme is super gorgeous!! Shayla also came out with new shades of the Big Shot Colassal Mascara, I didn’t get them because I already have the OG mascara and I absolutely love it, it’s by far my favorite mascara. I give the Shayla Palette two thumbs up and if you’re a makeup lover like I am I say definitely give it a try you won’t be disappointed and it’s at such an affordable price.
Now let’s talk about the Gigi Hadid Collab.
My first impressions were that I loved the packaging I think it is so pretty and chic! I love that she came out with so many products her collection was divided between the West Coast Glow collection and East Coast Glam collection. The West Coast Glow are products that are more on the neutral and warm side, which is my favorite!! I love anything warm and neutral I cannot get enough!!! The East Coast Glam is more on the muave cool tone side.
Let me tell you that I was not a fan of the prices. One reason why I didn’t get the entire collection, these products have such a high price point leaning towards high end prices which is so crazy! When did the drugstore start charging high end pricing for drugstore products? Idk but that totally caught me off guard, such as the Jet setter Palette for $30?! No,no,no that’s insane! When I purchased these products I had such high hopes, wishing and hoping these products were unbelievably amazing (is that even a word?!) well you catch my drift. I absolutely love drugstore products due to the simple fact that now you can get amazing quality products at such an affordable price, but those are some high prices.
I love the matte lipstick and the gel eyeliner. I love a good matte lip and Maybelline makes incredible matte lipsticks. The formula is so creamy yet dries down to soft matte finish, in a beautiful nude shade perfect for everyday. The gel eyeliner is gorgeous in the nude shade, perfect for everyday and really makes your eyes pop. Here’s a little tip.. If you haven’t slept much but want to look like you got your beauty sleep then add a nude eyeliner in the waterline it makes your eyes look more awake and gives you a fresh look, it literally m makes your eyes look like you slept for 10 hours. The formula is so creamy it glided so effortlessly on the waterline, there wasn’t any tugging and lasted all day. I highly recommend those two products however the eyeliner was $14.99 and they make regular gel eyeliner pencils for half the price.
Now I think the mini eyeshadow palette has a gorgeous color scheme, it’s so pretty especially for day time looks which I’m all about! However, idk how I feel about it. The shadows were buttery, but…. the shadows are not very pigmented. The shimmer shades are a little more pigmented, it took me a long time too build up the color as the matte shadows were so sheer on the eyes. it did take some work to blend the shadows so I wouldn’t recommend this palette for beginners. I don’t think it’s worth the money as you have to spend a lot more time to make these shadows work, especially for the high price point, it’s just too much. I will continue to use it since I bought it with my own money but I have better shadows that work well for me. Lastly, the liquid strobe highlight. It comes in 2 shades, a pinky shade and gold shade. I don’t like pinky toned highlights but I’m all about gold highlights though! So my first impression the shade is called gold yet what came out was a deep bronze copper shade. So I have I’d say light to medium skin tone and it switched a lot darker than my skin tone, I do think it would be pretty for deep skin tones. I tried to make it work as it was just a tad dark on the skin but it was pretty just definitely not a gold shade… at all! For the price I think I would pass as I like lighter highlighters and I’m more into powder over liquid anyways.
Finally my overall thoughts…
Is it worth it?
I think the Shayla Palette is so worth the money, its a blendable and pigmented palette at an affordable price. What more can you ask for?! If your’e looking for a new eyeshadow palette,go to your local drugstore and give this a try!!
Now I don’t think the Gigi Hadid collection is worth it. I really wanted to love all ion the products but the quality is not there, which is so surprising as Maybelline makes some of the best drugstore products and one of my favorite brands period. I was disappointed with the high price point of these products and they just weren’t that great. I think you should totally save your money as you are basically paying for the name and not for the quality. The hype was not real!
It feels so good to be back to blogging!! I’m so excited for whats to come.
Thank you so much for visiting the blog!
Talk to you soon!
Hey my loves!
I know I’ve been MIA for awhile now. If you read my posts you may know that I’m figuring out how to balance work and mom life as well as posting frequently on the blog. I recently changed work locations so I do have a longer commute, plus dropping off Mila at day care and with traffic by the time I get home I’m exhausted, to the point where all I want is sleep and household chores have been a struggle.Being a mom is a full time job in itself so I haven’t had time for anything else, if I didn’t heavily rely on coffee to get me through the day, I sure do now! While were on the subject of coffee, if you have any DIY recipes for iced coffee I would love to know!
Literally Starbucks just takes my money since I’m always on the go and this mama is on a budget. I’ve also felt just a tad unmotivated recently, like there are so many great successful blogs out there, how can I compete with that? I have so many ideas for posts and the direction I want this blog to go in, but will people really read my blog? But you know what, even through the ups and downs I have to pull myself together and just do it. I’ve been wanting to do this blog for so long and now that I’m here, there’s no way that I can give up now.
Whether only a few people read my blog or not, I do it for my supporters that enjoy my blog and that follow me and also, for myself. I always have to remember everyone starts somewhere and even though I’m not where I want to be yet, I will get there, it just takes time, so with all that being said I’ve been trying to be positive and motivate myself to be consistent with my blog.I will always let my supporters know that I appreciate them so much for reading posts or following me, you have no idea how much it means to me, thank you!
So let’s talk about Mila.
We had our first experience taking Mila to the ER, it all started when Mila woke up at night coughing a lot, so to take it back she’s had a bad cough at night for a few weeks now, plus an ear infection to top it off, so she’s been on antibiotics for that. I thought it was just a cough, but she threw up, and continued to throw up all night long. As a new mom, I always call the dr because you just never know, and us moms worry about our babies,I called like multiple times, she wasn’t keeping anything down even pedialyte. She was in pain and barely got any sleep so around 2 am I decided it was best to take her to the ER because she couldn’t keep anything down and I was worried about her getting dehydrated.
We were there probably a good 3 hours, and with hardly any sleep it was a little rough but we got through it. As we still aren’t 100% sure why she was getting so sick to her stomach, maybe food poisoning who knows but the good news is that they gave her medicine for nausea and ever since she was able to sleep and hasn’t gotten sick since. We didn’t get much sleep so she’s been taking frequent naps and her stomach is still a little sensitive but she’s a strong girl and is doing much better now. As a parent it can definitely be scary seeing your baby in pain or sick especially when there’s not much you can do, but moms will do anything they can for their little ones. I’m so thankful that she is ok and doing better. Any moms out there have any experiences or trips to the ER? Share your stories in the comments.
Talk to you soon!
Today I want to share with you my current favorite drugstore products! I’m definitely a makeup junkie I love high end but my favorite is drugstore makeup! I feel like the drugstore has been really stepping their game up over the last year or two, you now find amazing quality products at your local drugstore. I love that drug store makeup is easily accessible, you can find it at your local Walgreens,CVS, Riteaid,Target,Walmart,etc. It’s also very affordable, even with some drugstore prices going up it’s still quite a bit cheaper than high end products. Currently I’ve been loving products from Maybelline and Loreal, those two brands have been killing the game! Before I get into the product break down, these items are just so good, and these items I prefer over some high end products which is so crazy! Now let’s get into the products:
- Loreal Pro Matte Infalliable Foundation $10.99– This is my all time favorite foundation, it’s just sooo good! I have dry skin and I LOVE this foundation. It covers all my redness, makes my skin look flawless and lasts all day long! It’s a medium to full coverage foundation leaning towards the full side. I love this foundation more than most high end foundations I own, it can definitely beat most high end foundations. The hype is so real on this foundation and is totally worth it!
- Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder $5.99– Ever since I bought this powder, I can’t use anything else! This powder smooths out my skin and doesn’t look cakey what so ever! I use this to set my foundation and it just gives me a smooth flawless finish! I prefer this one over my Lancome Absolue Powder which is like $52. That should speak for itself.
- Maybelline Master Chrome Highlighter in Molten Gold $7.99– There was so much hype around this product that I was going to pass on it since I have so many similar highlighters but for the price I decided to try it out. This is easily one of my favorite highlighters at the drugstore! It is absolutely gorgeous! If you love a beaming highlight like I do then this is for you! It looks amazing on the skin, it’s not too dry and doesn’t emphasize texture too much. It’s very pigmented and not powdery at all, all I need to say is that it’s a bomb ass highlight!
- Loreal Infalliable Foundation Blender $7.99– Loreal’s version of the beauty blender. This is by far my fav beauty sponge other than the beauty blender. Since I have dry skin, I heavily rely on a good sponge for flawless makeup. I’ve tried other sponges but they don’t work for me until I tried this one! It expands under water and feels so soft and bouncy, it’s soft but not too soft and not too dense, it’s just the right amount of bounce.It blends my foundation and concealer flawlessly, it doesn’t make my makeup look streaky or doesn’t move around my foundation, its’ amazing especially for the price!
- Wet N Wild Mega Glo Highlighters In Precious Petals and Golden Flower Crown $4.99– Holy crap these highlighters are pigmented! They give you a beaming highlight but they give you a beautiful glow, theres not glitter in it whatsoever, you can add a light layer for a natural look or layer to shine bright like a diamond and it wont look cakey or powdery. I will say Wet N Wild has severely stepped up their game, their products are on point!! They’ve expanded their range of colors but my favs are Precious Petals (Bronze golden champagne) and Golden Flower Crown(Soft gold), they are so gorgeous and right up my alley. The new colors aren’t in stores yet but you can find them at Ulta.com
- Maybelline Master Bronze Palette $12.99– Love the bronzers and highlighters in this palette! I love that its versatile, perfect for daytime and night time, I even use these as eyeshadows on my natural makeup days. This palette is great for light to medium skin tones, the only downside is that it may not work for deep skin tones but hopefully they come out with more shades. Theres a bright highlight, which is beautiful and a softer highlight, and a few bronze shades that bronze up the skin beautifully. I’ve read mixed reviews about this product but I’m so glad I decided ti try it out and that it works for me. I highly recommend if you’re looking for an affordable highlight and bronze palette.
- Maybelline Coloassal Big Shot Mascara $7.99- One of the best mascaras at the drugstore! I also love the Loreal Lash Paradise, but this one just lengthens and curls my lashes so well. I was blessed with curled lashes,I’ve never had to curl my lashes ever, but anyway this mascara makes my lashes look so long and full. My lashes don’t look clumsy at all and I love that it doesn’t dry out too quickly, it’ll last a bit longer than some other mascaras. If you’re looking for a good mascara try this one out.
- Maybelline Baby Skin Face Primer $6.99– This primer smooths out my skin, and blurs my pores making it amazing to use before applying your foundation. It creates a smooth, even canvas for you foundation, it does have a silicone feel, it may or may not be great for oily skin but since I don’t produce any oil, it works out great for my skin type. It’s a dupe for the original Smashbox Photo Finish foundation primer which I love and it’s so much cheaper, hands down my fav primer from the drugstore!
- Loreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel $9.99- This is the best brow gel I’ve tried other than my tried and true ABH brow gel. I love using this on minimal makeup days, I wont even fill in my brows I just run this through my brows and it pretty much adds enough of a tint where my brows look filled in but natural at the same time. My brows stay in place all day, I love using this when I do a full glam look and it holds my brows while taking my brows to another level, adding that extra tint making my brows look so full and thick. It doesn’t flake off or make my brows crunchy, it just holds my hairs in place and just works!
All of these products are by far my fav from the drugstore, these products may or may not work for you and that’s totally fine, but they just so happen to work great for me. I love that these products are easily accessible and you can find great deals on these products too! Tell me who doesn’t love a good deal?! You can check online for coupons or if you prefer to shop online check out Ebates, it’s a website that gives you cash back for simply shopping online. I always use Ebates whenever I do my online shopping, I’m all for making money back on my purchases, be sure to check out Ebates!
Anyway my loves, just wanted to share my current fav drugstore products, I hope you enjoy this post, I like seeing products others are using and love. Let me know in the comments what your favorite drugstore products are, I would love to know.
Thank you so much and I’ll talk to you soon!